Rural Municipality of Dufferin #190 was founded in 1913 on January 06, when first meeting was held.
RM of Dufferin covers an area of approximately 380 square miles, a total of 242,212 acres. The municipality is much larger than an average R.M. Running through the extreme south of the R.M.is the Qu’Appelle valley, while the Little Arm valley winds through the north side to enter Last Mountain Lake. The roads crossing both valleys have been very difficult to build and many bridges have been constructed. Road and bridge maintenance have been the prime interest of the R.M.council.
The office of R.M.of Dufferin #190 is located in the village of Bethune. When the Royal Bank of Canada vacated its premises next to the R.M.office in 1937, the council purchased the bank building and moved the R.M.office to that location, which had living accommodations, as well as office space and a vault. This building was remodelled into a more modern office and a new living accommodation was added at the rear of the same property in 1977.
There is an equipment yard on Alexandria Avenue where R.M.keeps road equipment, culverts and fencing material.